Mobile Usage Trends
Cisco Systems provides projections on the global mobile data traffic from 2017 to 2022. In 2018, global mobile data traffic amounted to 19.01 exabytes per month. In 2022, mobile data traffic worldwide is expected to reach 77.5 exabytes per month at a compound annual growth rate of 46 percent.
A word about exabytes. An exabyte is a billion gigabytes. So if we look at the 2019 projected monthly usage of 28 exabytes that allows for 8 gigabytes/month for every one of the Earth’s 3.5 billion Internet users. Right now I am overusing my quota of web gigabytes by about 8 to 10 times.
Next is the current trend usage of Mobile phones and devices for browsing the Web:StatCounter describes the share of mobile phone website traffic worldwide. In 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic worldwide was generated through mobile phones, up from 50.3 percent in the previous year. Mobile currently accounts for half of all global web pages served. As of February 2017, mobile accounts for 65.1 percent of all web traffic in Asia and for 59.5 percent of all web traffic in Africa
Here is the global use of Desktop vs Mobile Phone vs Tablets:
StatCounter explains the increasing volume of mobile usage on three factors – 1)mobile usage dominates desktop in emerging countries; 2)mobile phones are more likely to be carried and used throughout the day than a desktop or even laptop computer and 3) tablet usage after plateauing has started to grow again as better mobile screen viewing area and new 5G-powered Skype-like meeting apps.
“No Coding Required” Mandate
What is the origin of the no coding required mandate? It certainly is offered by all of the Mobile Appmakers and all of the desktop Website Builders and for the last 10 years.
Notably other desktop programming tools like Microsoft Visual Studio or Java’s Eclipse and NetBeans have had drag and drop designers for at least two decades. These tools delivered easy to use UI-User Interfaces and certainly speeded development.
So “no coding required” tools deliver 4 benefits:
- Faster design and development;
- Effective reuse with templates libraries;
- More user customizations and styling;
- Ability to respond to change faster.
The net result is more responsive groups and often lower costs.
App Making systems deliver:
- no coding required;
- devoted primarily to mobile app features and layout;
- extensive mobile page templates;
- enables local, offline operations
- integration with spreadsheet data in the office and on the cloud;
- tied in closely with mobile messaging and notification tools;
- some extra data integrations ;
Below is a list of some of the top rated mobile AppMakers. Click on the Name for more detailed info and the image for a popup video overview of the tool .
Contrast the Website Builder tools options:
- no coding required;
- delivers mobile, tablet, and desktop layouts and features;
- extensive layout templates;
- integration with Office Data, XML, SQL, BigData in the office and on the cloud;
- adding mobile messaging and notification tools;
- data integrations through AJAX, RestAPI, GraphQL, XMLRPC, etc.
Again there is a list below of some of the top rated WordPress PageBuilders. Click on the Name for more detailed info and the image for a popup video of the tool overview.Again there id